Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Saturday Special and a Digression

These are my Saturday Special girls. (Name is courtesy of Katie Snyder and I love it) We get together on Saturday mornings to hang out, eat breakfast and spend time with the Lord. What could be more fun? I look forward to it each week and Finn loves seeing all his Aunts.
 
L-R: Finn, Alyssa, Alisha, Katie, Macey. Not pictured: Sydney


This week we looked at The Parable of the Sower, so we planted seeds afterward. Then, we (I) prayed over the plants because the Lord knows that I cannot keep plants alive and I have no idea if we planted these things correctly. No comments from those of you who know this already. I'm very sensitive in this area.

















Moving on... 

Actually, hold on, let me digress for a minute. It has been implied by some (ahem, my own mother) that because I could not keep plants alive that I may have a hard time with a child. Well, first of all, I'll have you know that I have kept a dog alive & well for a couple years now. For those of you who have seen Lulu and are thinking, "But that dog is very skinny," she has an extremely high metabolism, ok? We feed her. I promise. And with regards to my child, he's doing pretty well in the growth department. He is bigger than 98% of those his age, which I'm not sure if that's a good thing. But at least he's nourished, I say. 

So for all you plant killers out there, there's hope in other living beings!

(Even through the blurriness, I'm sure you can tell the high level of happiness and comfort of these two.)
Ok, now moving on. I love this sequence of pictures from Saturday. 

Here comes Katie...
Getting closer...
Gotcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment