Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Brighter Days Ahead...

...for our kitchen! Don't worry. I wasn't going to do a melancholy post. Instead, I'm joining some good friends (and college roommates), Natalie and Maury, in sharing home projects.

Originally I was going to call this one "It is Finished" because our kitchen project has been 3+ years in the making. After we moved in, I wanted to paint the cabinets to brighten and open up the space. So my wonderful husband began working on them. Since it wasn't the most fun project and we had a few others to do, he decided to put the top cabinets on pause. In the meantime, he:

created a backsplash
put shelves in the sunroom
built & stained a deck
tiled our floors in the kitchen, bathrooms and sunroom
re-did the backyard 
assembled furniture and painted nursery
shaped a surfboard (not home-related, but I think it's cool)

So my man has been busy making some awesome improvements.

Fast forward three years later. I decided to stop bugging him and I'd push play on the top cabinets. It took a little longer than I planned, but I'm happy with the completion. Plus, I got to use power tools for the first time. Here's the progression.

Before's
Kitchen when we moved in
























 
 

 




My husband starting the backsplash. Notice the two color cabinets we were rocking.
















After's


















While I'm at it, here are a few others I've done over the last few months. Looks like I like white.
Dresser in bedroom
Kitchen butcher block converted to our computer desk














Headboard for guest room

































 


Finally, I can't leave without putting our best creation ever.
And in the spirit of before's and after's...

Muscle man/farmer's tan man

Beach boy

Making granddaddy happy with the basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment